This course explores the skill of strategic thinking and its application in addressing day-to-day challenges as well as complex business problems with a big-picture point of view. Strategic thinking is presented as a mindset that can be developed and applied through specific practices that spark new ideas, result in better decisions, and achieve results.
- Understand how strategic thinking compares to other critical-thinking skills
- Explore a strategic-thinking framework for analyzing business issues
- Understand how strategic thinking prompts creativity and innovation
- Apply criteria to discern when a strategic-thinking approach is required
- Apply strategic-thinking skills to address business challenges through scenarios
and group work
Why This Matters:
Whether you’re a front-line supervisor or a senior leader, the ability to think strategically is essential in today’s ever-changing, fast-paced business environment. Leaders who challenge assumptions, avoid groupthink, and navigate uncertainty by applying strategic thinking skills move organizations forward.
In-Person – Half day
Live-Online – Two 2-hour instructor-led sessions