Feedback is key to individual development and continuous improvement at all levels. This course emphasizes the skills and best practices that promote a productive feedback experience, with communication models and techniques that learners can use to plan and engage in their own feedback conversations. Barriers to exchanging honest, clear, specific, actionable feedback are addressed so that problems can be surfaced and resolved. Learners have the opportunity to apply and practice the skills and tools and plan for a real-world feedback situation back on the job.
- Understand the reasons people avoid feedback situations
- Increase awareness of the importance of giving and receiving feedback often and well
- Learn skills to improve the ability to give and receive feedback at all levels of an organization
- Practice giving feedback using simple but effective models and techniques
- Create a plan to solicit feedback
Why This Matters:
Despite its importance, the feedback process is often seen as daunting and potentially uncomfortable. This course addresses the apprehensions and motivations associated with feedback and presents the feedback process as invaluable, rewarding, and critical to cultivating a healthy workplace culture.
In-Person: Half day or full day
Live-Online: Two 2-hour instructor-led sessions plus self-paced prework