What makes workplace conflict negative or positive is the way in which it is handled. This course approaches conflict as a productive, healthy, and necessary aspect of workplace interactions. Learners gain self-awareness about their preferred conflict style and examine which styles are most effective in specific situations. Learners also practice a model for planning a productive and healthy conflict conversation.
- Define conflict and explain how conflict is healthy and necessary
- Describe the five styles of conflict
- Explain how your natural conflict style affects your approach to conflict
- Recognize the potential advantages and disadvantages of using different conflict modes in a given situation
- Apply Dion Leadership’s Healthy Conflict Model skills and behaviors
Why This Matters:
Conflict in the workplace is unavoidable. What can be avoided, however, is the stress and loss of productivity and trust that can go with it. When individuals have the insight and tools to approach conflict as a necessary, productive experience, they solve problems more efficiently and build stronger relationships.
Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
In-Person: Half Day
Live-Online: One 3-hour instructor-led session plus self-paced prework