Communication is a complex process that is essential to the success of individuals, teams, and organizations. Communicating with Impact combines the theoretical with the practical to present communication as an essential business tool that builds relationships, increases productivity, and underpins results when done effectively. The practical and impactful skills learned in this course are immediately applicable.
- Explore communication as a process
- Practice the Three Vs of communication and assertive communication skills
- Explore and practice communication techniques, including active listening, questioning, and demonstrating empathy
- Identify barriers to effective communication
- Develop team guidelines for use of various communication channels
Why This Matters:
The ability to communicate in a way that is effective, concise, and appropriate is crucial at all levels of an organization, and thus it is a critical skill to examine and develop. The frequency and quality of communication across the organization increases as individuals become more skilled and self-aware, leading to more trust and better rapport.
In-Person: Half day or full day
Live-Online: Two 2-hour instructor-led sessions plus self-paced prework