A leadership coach is a thinking partner whose specific purpose is to support the development of an individual’s personal and professional potential. The concepts of mindset, trust, and presence are examined in the context of Dion Leadership’s cognitive behavioral learning based coaching process. Learners practice important coaching techniques and engage in self-reflection. They also develop the ability to both model and coach critical leadership skills. Proven techniques for coaching challenging people are also discussed.
- Define coaching and its role in a professional environment
- Compare and contrast coaching and mentoring
- Impart a coaching mindset
- Learn cognitive behavioral learning theory and approaches
- Explore active listening and powerful questioning as key coaching skills
- Enable reflection and identification of coaching skills to be developed
Why This Matters:
Coaching techniques enable leaders to develop others in a more effective, sustainable way. Employees with a leader who demonstrates a coaching-style approach to development feel more empowered and engaged.
In-Person: Half day or full day
Live-Online: One 4-hour instructor-led session