A Business Acumen Simulation
There are ten recurring dilemmas in leading any business. Participants learn to manage them all in a risk-free environment with XSIM (Business Acumen Simulation). This engaging business simulation places participants an executive leadership team role of a highly successful global entertainment business – NetBox. They then encounter all ten business dilemmas while attempting to help NetBox keep up with the market.
The aim of this simulation is to achieve or exceed target goals over a full financial year split into four quarters. Each quarter your team must react to both external changes in your market and internal changes in your enterprise by making decisions on pricing, product mix, operations, organizational health, and special projects.
Dashboard to Track Progress
- The simulation runs for one full fiscal year broken into four quarters. Track your results each week on a visual dashboard and review learning at the end of each round.
- Indicators and charts show how well NetBox is fairing in the market and within the organization.
- Charts show profits and loss, profit margins, customer and market shares, and price premiums.
- Teams are given briefing and market material prior to starting and are provided with market updates through the simulation to help them understand the changing market and factor those changes into their decisions.
Skill sets developed:
- Reading and reacting to market changes
- Resolving dilemmas and making trade-offs
- Managing organizational health
- Using leading and lagging indicators
- Managing unexpected challenges/opportunities
- Understanding a profit and loss account
- Managing the customer value chain
- Maximizing contributions of the whole team
XSIM offers 100 pages of off-sim start-of-round updates and realistic briefing documents to help participants better understand the company NetBox. XSIM is lead by a facilitator and can be run over a half day or a full day if you choose to add additional theory and exercises. XSIM can also operate as a Crisis Management Simulation. The book A Systematic Guide to Business Acumen and Leadership Using Dilemmas may be included to support the underlying theory of the simulation. As with all the learning environments, XSIM has internet resiliency to avoid loss of simulation information during internet outages.
You May Also Like
Change Management Simulation
This engaging simulation equips participants with the skills need to manage and master change management through risk-free experiential learning. Managers and leaders learn the valuable skills needed to manage a prospective change with senior stakeholders. Chapter is conducted using a highly structured approach that blends gamification, informal and social learning, behavioral economics, and business simulation.