Success in a matrix requires particular attention to certain key skills, including collaboration, decision making, conflict resolution, communication, influence, and performance management. In this program, learners will explore the function and importance of a matrix structure and its impact on how individuals work and how leaders get results. Learners will focus on reducing silos and sub- groups within the organization and applying existing skills in new ways to improve cross-functional, cross-departmental, and cross-geographical work performance.
- Define what it means to lead in a matrix
- Examine the challenges and benefits of leading in a matrix
- Explore the key leadership shifts required for success
- Discover best practices for organizational impact
- Practice key skills for successful matrix leaders
- Create a leadership action plan
Why This Matters:
Matrix structures can be intimidating and often provoke skepticism or frustration. Without strong leadership in this highly complex environment, the competition for resources and a lack of role clarity can jeopardize accountability, trust, and results.
In-Person: Half day
Live-Online: Two 2-hour instructor-led sessions