For any leader, selecting the right person for the right job is a key responsibility. This course also offers a proven process for conducting interviews that inform sound hiring decisions in any type of organization. Learners explore how to assess the competencies necessary to be successful in a job and review techniques for asking appropriate, targeted interview questions that elicit meaningful responses. Opportunities for practice and feedback reinforce learning. Basic legal parameters, the role of bias, and other elements for leaders to consider when preparing for and conducting interviews are also addressed.
- Discuss the interview process
- Explore the importance of clarifying needs and competencies
- Explain various questioning techniques using the STAR technique
- Explore legal issues, topics to avoid, interviewing pitfalls, and documentation best practices
- Understand biases and how to interview for job fit and practice and get feedback on interview techniques
Why This Matters:
Poor hiring decisions come at a tremendous cost for organizations. Leaders who are confident and skilled in conducting meaningful interviews are better prepared to determine candidate fit and can avoid the pitfalls that can complicate the process.
In-Person: Half day
Live-Online: One 3-hour instrictor-led session