Organizational culture and its impact on individuals, organizations, and even society are constant topics of interest. Culture has finally become a part of leadership team discussions at most organizations. Unfortunately, few truly understand it despite most CEOs reporting culture as being critical to business success. A more sophisticated approach is needed to help leaders and change agents understand the complexities of culture, leadership, and their connection to performance improvement.. The Culture Journey Experience was created to combine peer learning with targeted education based on facts and fundamentals about culture, climate, and change management that are not widely recognized. This program from the organizational development experts at Human Synergistics utilizes visuals, two-way dialogue, reflection questions, data, scenarios, and a workbook to create an interactive and engaging experience. HR/OD professionals and management teams who want to impact culture at their organization will find great value in this unique workshop.
- Understand how cultures evolve in organizations and the impact of history on their present states
- Learn about important aspects of organizational climate that have shaped and continue to reinforce current cultures.
- Build a common language for understanding the layers of culture using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Discover how cultures change and identify paths that increase the likelihood of shared learning and positive results with any major change and development effort.
- Identify causal factors (systems, structures, etc.) that are part of the work climate and understand how they reinforce the current culture and can serve as levers for change in improvement plans.
- Accelerates the culture learning curve of participants in a fun, engaging, and effective way.
- Engages participants in meaningful discussion around the cultures of organizations — everyone involved can relate to many items on the map.
- Supports the value of Constructive culture and leadership development as participants learn why quick fixes and climate approaches fall short.
- Creates momentum for action planning
Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Assessment
Classroom: Half day